The secours islamique France is looking for an Administrative Coordinator M/F for its mission based in Aden.
Yemen is considered by the UN as the country with the worst humanitarian crisis in the world. Established in the country since 2019, SIF has helped 1610 internal displaced people by implementing food security, sanitation and water accessibility. In the midst of Covid, SIF helped distribute 400 emergency hygiene kits and spread awareness Campaign.
The administrative coordinator will be under the supervision of the Head of mission and will supervise the Admin, Hr and Finance Team members.
Your main responsibilities are the following (evolving and non exhaustive list) :
- Contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessments analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning
- Control the bank book-keeping, checking and bank reconciliations
- Validate the banking establishment choice, ensure their solvency and reliability, optimize the conditions, validate and ask for opening/closure account requests and add signatures according to the SIF procedure
- Edit, check and communicate the budgetary follow-up according to the SIF procedures
- Manage the administrative teams: briefing, planning, follow-up, management, performance interview, technical capacity buildings, etc
- Implement the security policy in cooperation with the Head of Mission and make sure security measures are respected.
- Elaborate monthly administration, financial and HR reports for the Head of Mission
- Relevant Master’s level qualification or similar academic achievement;
- 3-5 years of experience in the humanitarian/development sector, as Administrative
- Coordinator with INGOs in similar contexts;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in administration, procurement, HR and security;
- Fluency in spoken and written English; French & Arabic are desirable.
- Substantial experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff).
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English (and desirably Arabic).
- An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values.
- 6 months, full time, renewable
- Contract start date: ASAP
- Remuneration according to profile
- Per diem, guesthouse
- Health insurance - 60% covered by SIF
- Repatriation/liability insurance - 100% covered by SIF
- Break allowance during the 3 and 9 month breaks
- Airfare to and from the mission location to home - paid by SIF at 6 and 12 months
SIF commits to:
At SIF, we consider diversity as a wealth. Every applications fitting the job description will be thoroughly evaluated.
SIF reserves the right to check the criminal records according with the current law.
SIF respects the humanitarian principle of "Do no harm" and ensures child security as a primary consideration.
SIF practices a policy of zero tolerance toward every type of fraud, corruption, moral harassment, abuse or any type of violence, more broadly every type of offense to the legislation, regulation and code of conduct. SIF rallies its personnel in the promotion, diffusion and respect of its chart's principles.
You fit this profile and support our commitment?
Join our solidarity chain by applying to this job offer!